We will in the coming weeks arrange for soil testing to take place on the land.
To look at the latest copy of our newsletter click the News below and then click the bar below it.
4 May 2018
To all Members of the Rockhampton Men’s Shed Inc
From: The Chairman, Jim Lawler
I would personally like to thank the other Members of our Executive for getting us to this point – eg obtaining the Lease on the Land for our Project.
On behalf of the Executive, I would like to bring you up to date with what is happening regarding the Shed project.
1) First and foremost the Lease has finally been received. – Legal advice has been obtained by the Secretary all is OK for signature (this will happen Tuesday or Wednesday 8th or 9th May). The length of the lease is for 25 years and the rent is $5250 per annum with a 2% increase each following year.
2) It has been necessary for official plans to be drawn up – these are being drawn at the moment by Trevor Rufus at a very reasonable rate.
3) Three builders have been contacted with regards to the project – they are – G T Jeffreys, Close Constructions and Hutcheons Builders. All of these builders have visited our shed and spoken at length with the Executive. They have also sighted the land.
4) A “Scope of Works” has been prepared by the Executive and given to each of these builders and Trevor Rufus.
5) Members attending the shed on a regular basis have been kept informed of events as they are happening.
6) Lastly, and most importantly, the Executive would like to ask each Member to consider offering a donation to this Project – it does not matter how small or how large – every little bit counts. Some of our members have been contributing a small amount each fortnight for the past two years, such is their belief in the Shed
Anyone wishing to donate can contact the Secretary/Treasurer. Donations over $500 are Tax deductible (see the Secretary for details).
Congratulations everyone, we have finally completed the first stage towards the building of our new sheds.
Chairman & Project Manager
The guys and girls with Scott bowman on our event to thank the University for 12 months in our shed
Below is the link to our story in the CQ Uni News
We move into our shed Feb 2015
The story about this in the link below